Abigail E. Linhardt
MA in Rhetoric and Writing, University of Findlay, May 2016.
BA in English-Creative Writing, University of Findlay, May 2014.
Awards and Publications
- “The Female Wunderkammer”, Computers and Composition Online (http://casit.bgsu.edu/cconline/fall14/reviews/Linhardt/index.html)
- “Dark Generations” (book), Publish America (2008)
- “Gender Roles In Tutoring” (essay), Writing Center Journal: In the Pocket of Yesterday’s Pants (2009)
- “Tutors Who Can, Teach” (essay), Writing Center Journal: In the Pocket of Yesterday’s Pants (2010)
- “The Inspector’s Last letter” (poem), Mind’s Eye Literary Journal (2010)
- “Old Family Recipe” and “D.E.F”, From the Writer’s Kitchen (2014)
- Honors in English from the University of Findlay, 2014
- National Novel Writing Month (winner) (2013, 2014, 2015) This is a challenge to write a 50K novel in the month of November.
- “Life’s a Dive: History for Our Generation” August 2014 (article)
- “Life’s a Dive: Underwater Filming” August 2014 (article)
University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio (2014-2016)
- Master of Arts (May 2016)
- Graduate Assistantship for the literary magazine From the Writer’s Kitchen
University of Findlay, Findlay, Ohio (2013-2014)
- Bachelor of Arts in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing.
University of Houston, Houston, Texas (2011-2013)
- Declared a major in Creative Writing and a minor in French. Prepared for graduation with a thesis outline and a faculty committee prior to Ohio relocation.
Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, Kansas (2007-2010)
- Worked in the following majors but did not get a degree in Musical Theatre. I also worked in the Writing Center and was certified as a tutor there.
High school Leavenworth, Kansas (2004-2007)
- I was homeschooled until I was seventeen years old. I had a highly agricultural background as we lived on a farm and orchard. I took one out-of-home biology course as well.
Scholarships, Assistantships, Internships
- The Arts Partnership, 2015
- Graduate Assistant for From the Writer’s Kitchen, University of Findlay, 2014
- Graduate Assistant for the College of Business, University of Findlay, 2014
- University of Findlay Dean’s Scholarship, 2013.
- Theatre Scholarship, Johnson County Community College, 2009.
Relevant Course Work Taken
- Johnson County Community College (2007-2010)
o English Major
o GPA: 3.0
Engl 1303 Composition I
Engl 1304 Composition II
Engl 2305 Intro to Fiction
- University of Houston (2011-1013)
o Creative Writing Major
o GPA: 3.4
Engl 3327 British Literature I
Engl 3331 Creative Writing
Engl 3329 Creative Writing Fiction and Poetry
Engl 4352 Nonfiction Creative Writing
- University of Findlay (2013-2014)
o Bachelor of Art’s Degree in English with emphasis in Creative Writing
o GPA: 3.8
Engl 306 E-literature and Writing
Engl 492 Capstone Seminar for English
- Certified Advanced Level 2 Writing Tutor (2009): Attained from Johnson County Community college where I worked in the Writing Center for more than two years and finished the certification program overseen by the Director Kathryn Bern.
- Honors in English (University of Findlay)
- Writer’s Club (2013—present): We meet every week and bring pieces we’ve written for work-shopping and discussing. We critique one another and offer advice or ideas. Teachers, undergrads and grad students were involved every meeting.
- Pagan Path (2013—present): We discuss history, myth, legends, and cultural issues within a pagan viewpoint. We also perform holiday ceremonies and cultural awareness.
Brookdale Findlay (2015–current)
- I was a resident care assistant. I aided the elderly residents with every aspect of daily life from showers, eating, and cleanliness, to participation in activities.
University of Findlay (2013-2014) Findlay, Ohio
Writing Center Tutor
- I worked with peers to better their papers through reading, drafting, and brainstorming with them. I worked alongside the professors to know exactly what the student’s needed to work on and did my utmost to see that those goals were met and that the students understood and learned.
- I worked in the Recreation/Cardio center on campus and taught a weekly hour long yoga/belly dance class for the students. I made sure no students injured themselves during class and instructed them on proper carriage and posture for dance as well as balance and health through yoga.
Hasting’s Learning Academy (2010-2013) Richmond, Texas
ELS Teacher/ Tutor
- I taught small groups of Korean students in a home-based boarding school setting in class rooms. I was responsible for their reading, writing, and listening skills as well as basic American history. I taught out of a set curriculum and assigned reading and book reports to better their English Understanding. I was also a chaperone for fieldtrips to the zoo and theatre outings.
Barnes and Nobel Booksellers (2010-2013) Sugar Land, Texas
- I was an associate at the bookstore and did all necessary tasks such as shelving books, receiving shipment, building book displays, setting up author signings, and welcoming visiting authors.
Johnson County Community College Writing Center (2008-2010)
- I tutored my peers with essays in all genres and creative writing and poetry. I also went through a certification course and worked closely with ESL students and faculty. I was obligated to write and publish essays in the school’s magazines.
- French: I can read, speak, and understand elementary French.